Sunday, September 25, 2011

Inspector Spacetime on the Job!

OK, I am not sure how many American fans of Doctor Who are also fans of the American show “Community” (Thursday nights/NBC) as I am, but in their 3rd season opener they made a very silly reference to Doctor Who.

OPENING CREDITS

To set this scene up a bit, Abed, upset that his favorite show (which he appeared in), “Cougar Town” would not be back on the air until February, was bummed, until Britta found the British show that “Cougar Town” was based on, “Cougarton Abbey” because, as we know, all great American TV shows are based on British shows (OK – I was being sarcastic, we gave you Law and Order: UK and Geordie Shore – nuff said :-) ). Turns out, that because the Brits know how to end a show properly, after 6 episodes, Cougarton Abbey was done after the characters all poisoned themselves at the end of the 6th episode, leaving Abed with nothing to fill the void.

THE TARDIS????

BLIMEY!  IT'S THE INSPECTOR AND HIS TRUSTY SIDEKICK - THE CONSTABLE

Along comes another British TV show, still on their air since 1962, “Inspector Spacetime”, about a detective who travels through time and space in a British phone booth, who, in the exciting episode portrayed here and while traveling with his companion, The Constable, are set upon by the “Blogons” who shoot lasers at them and yell “Eridicate! Eradicate!”

ERADICATE!!!

When I saw this, sitting on my couch, I almost pee'd myself, dropped my bottle of Guiness (I had one while waiting for my Chinese take-out to arrive), and “Squee'd” out loud, not exactly something I think you can actually do, but I did it, and definitely not something I want anyone to see.

Here's a link to Inspector Spacetime – it's soooooo not right :) Enjoy!


Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment